Rotavirus and Adenovirus Test Cassette
1. Product Details
Test Name: The Rotavirus and Adenovirus Test Cassette
Test Item: Rotavirus and Adenovirus
Specimen: Human feces specimens
The Rotavirus and Adenovirus Test Cassette (Feces) is a qualitative, lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of rotavirus and adenovirus in human feces specimen.
In this test, the membrane is pre-coated with anti-rotavirus antibody on the R test line region of the test and anti-adenovirus antibody on the A test line region of the test. During testing, the specimen reacts with the particle coated with anti-rotavirus antibody and anti-adenovirus antibody. The mixture migrates upward on the membrane chromatographically by capillary action to react with anti-rotavirus antibody and anti-adenovirus antibody on the membrane and generate a blue line or a red line. The presence of these colored lines in test line region indicates a positive result, while their absence indicates a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a colored line will always appear in the control line region indicating that propervolume of specimen hasbeen added and membrane wicking has occurred.
3. Materials Provided
(1) Test devices
(3) Specimen collection tubes with extraction buffer
(4) Package insert
4. Directions for Use
Allow thetest device, specimen, and buffer to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
(1) To collect fecal specimens:
Collect sufficient quantity of feces (1-2 ml or 1-2 g) in a clean, dry specimen collection container to obtain enough virus particles. Best results will be obtained if the assay is performed within 6 hours after collection. Specimen collected may be stored for 3 days at 2-8°C if not tested within 6 hours. For long-term storage, specimens should be kept below -20°C.
(2) To process fecal specimens:
For Solid Specimens:
Unscrew the cap of the specimen collection tube， then randomly stab the specimen collection applicator into the fecal specimen in at least 3 different sites to collect approximately 50 mg of feces (equivalent to 1/4 of a pea). Do not scoop the fecal specimen.
For Liquid Specimens:
Hold the dropper vertically, aspirate fecal specimens, and then transfer 2 drops (approximately 50 µL) into the specimen collection tube containing the extraction buffer.
Tighten the cap onto the specimen collection tube, and then shake the specimen collection tube vigorously to mix the specimen and the extraction buffer.
(3) Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test device from the foil pouch and use it as soon as possible. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
(4) Hold the specimen collection tube upright and break off the tip of the specimen collection tube. Invert the specimen collection tube and transfer 2 full drops of the extracted specimen (approximately 80 µL) to the specimen well (S) of the test device, and start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S). See illustration below.
(5) Read the results at 10 minutes after dipensing the specimen. Do not read the results after 20 minutes.
Note: If the specimen does not migrate (presence of particles), centrifuge the diluted specimen contained in the extraction buffer vial. Collect 80 µL of supernatant, dispense into the specimen well (S). Start the timer and continue from step 5 onwards in the above instructions for use.
Hangzhou Laihe Biotech Co., Ltd
Address: Room 521 Floor 5 & Floor 1,Building No. 2B,Tianhe High-Tech Park,No. 688,Bin'an Road,Changhe Sub-district,Binjiang District,Hangzhou City,Zhejiang Province,China